Saturday, November 29, 2008

Fall on your knees and praise His name forever

O Holy Night! The stars are brightly shining, It is the night of the dear Saviour's birth. Long lay the world in sin and error pining. Till He appeared and the Spirit felt its worth. A thrill of hope the weary world rejoices, For yonder breaks a new and glorious morn. Fall on your knees! Oh, hear the angel voices! O night divine, the night when Christ was born; O night, O Holy Night , O night divine! O night, O Holy Night , O night divine! Led by the light of faith serenely beaming, With glowing hearts by His cradle we stand. O'er the world a star is sweetly gleaming, Now come the wisemen from out of the Orient land. The King of kings lay thus lowly manger; In all our trials born to be our friends. He knows our need, our weakness is no stranger, Behold your King! Before him lowly bend! Behold your King! Before him lowly bend! Truly He taught us to love one another, His law is love and His gospel is peace. Chains he shall break, for the slave is our brother. And in his name all oppression shall cease. Sweet hymns of joy in grateful chorus raise we, With all our hearts we praise His holy name. Christ is the Lord! Then ever, ever praise we, His power and glory ever more proclaim! His power and glory ever more proclaim!

My all time FAVORITE song. Year round. This song gives me chills. Wow.

On a crappier side of things:
Yeah i am falling behind in life. She was crying on the phone tonight. I don't want this to turn and then be thrown onto my shoulders because I stepped back for a reason. This specific person is completely written out of my life, no turning the tables. What he did was unimaginable. She, however is my sister and my best friend. I am not saying it was all his idea. I believe it was a mutual decision among them, but the pain is able to be overlooked when I love her so much. She was and still is my best friend and most importantly my sister. I do believe that she is happy with him, because I was in that position once too. I am considering it a PURE blessing to be standing where I am today and finding so much joy in the fact that I walked away from him. A wise and close friend of mine once told me "He is not good boyfriend material, only good friend material." Hmmm. Good advice to think about. But for the time, to save my own heart from the blender I can't be there for her at this time in her life. No matter how she interprets that action I cannot do anything about... but, yes, I am thinking of myself here. I know how much that guy can hurt me and I am not giving him even an inch of that space again. The real toss up is what is my place in the situation? That is where everything gets foggy and feelings hurt. If I completely don't say anything she feels like it is him or me. If I pretend like nothing is wrong I am hiding all the pain and anger I feel and really creating a deeper and messier wound for later. I have been through hell already, most of it with him. I don't want to go there. So, yes, I am being selfish but I am not choosing this, she is. AND since I love her, I am, in a way a part of it. Which frustrates the BAJESUS out of me! Why must I be so affected by this? Because she means that much to me. I really REALLY hate seeing her cry and be upset about this situation. I don't want her to feel like she has to choose but she needs to understand that I will NEVER EVER want anything to do with this kid. Bascially, to choose him, means a lot of her relationship with me will disappear because mentally and emotionally I just cannot handle it.

Other than that... I head back to Eastern tomorrow! I caught up a little with work but not the two major projects that NEEDED to be done. Now I need to read or ANGELA will kill me.

No comments: